Tuesday, January 14, 2020

WEEK OF JANUARY 14-17th

CLASS UPDATE

Welcome back! I hope everybody enjoyed that extended winter break. A huge thanks goes out to all the parents and students for their thoughtful holiday gifts! My family went to the San Jose Sharks to see them play the Columbus Blue Jacket. They won, which made it even better. My wife and I  enjoyed a getaway to Carmel, as well. Thank you so much for the gift card to Amazon! I was able to buy a new golf bag and some tennis shoes. 
During the break I enjoyed re-reading a book East of Eden that kept me up late at night. Finally, I golfed with Mr. Kyle and played tennis with my family and Mr. McMillan.  I was excited to see "The Rise of Skywalker" with my son during the break.
Enough about me! It's time to get back to learning.







Class Update:

These next two weeks we will be exploring the amazing life and struggle of Martin Luther King Jr. 

This week we are also doing New Year's Resolutions for school and at home to kick off learning and growth in 2020.

In History we are kicking off the Egypt Unit in History.

Science-In Science we are reading articles about the real - life science in Star Wars and even creating our own robot plans.

In Math-we will start Chapter 7, which focuses on Equations and Inequalities.

Field Trip Forms were sent home for NASA trip on Friday, February 28th and Rosicrucian Egypt Museum on Thursday, March 26th.

Science Projects are due on Wednesday, January 29th.


HOMEWORK TUESDAY
Read Star Wars on Location and the handouts 
"Fact vs. Fiction", Robot Designer  (Due Friday)
SCIENCE WORLD ONLINE CODE: PHMDLWA
Do New Year's Resolutions activity
Two Field Trip forms: (NASA, ROSICRUCIAN EGYPT MUSEUM)

HOMEWORK WEDNESDAY
Read "Plastic or the Planet" + Handout
Finish Math L 7.1
Robot handout due Friday 
FIELD TRIP FORMS!

Homework Thursday
Finish Reading Science World
Do Comprehension Mult Choice Page
Finish Robot/Plastic
Finish Math Wkbk 155-158 7.2
Field Trip Forms





No comments: