Monday, January 14, 2019

Week of January 15th-18th


Welcome back! I hope everybody enjoyed that extended winter break. A huge thanks goes out to all the parents and students for their thoughtful holiday gifts! My family went to the San Jose Sharks to see them play the Tampa Bay Lightning (best team in NHL). They won, which made it even better. My wife and I loved seeing "Vice", as well. Thank you so much for the gift cards to restaurants, movies and tickets! I enjoyed a peaceful break with family and friends. I was able to go to Lake Tahoe with my son and loved our time in the snow, along with playing fun board games. In fact, I bought Code Names for our class, which was especially fun and challenging. In addition, I brought in a variety of board games to help with the long rainy days coming soon in January.
During the break I enjoyed reading a book called the Stand that kept me up late at night. Finally, I golfed with Mr. Kyle and Mr. McMillan a few times, as well. 
Enough about me! It's time to get back to learning.

Class Update:

These next two weeks we will be exploring the amazing life and struggle of Martin Luther King Jr. 

This week we are also doing New Year's Resolutions for school and at home to kick off learning and growth in 2019.

Science-In Science we will be learning about weather and climate.

In Math-We are ahead of both the other classes so we are focusing on our Map test weaknesses by using Khan Math and Moby Max. Next week we will start Chapter 7, which focuses on Equations and Inequalities.

Field Trip Forms were sent home for NASA trip on Friday, February 22nd.


HOMEWORK TUESDAY
MLK Jr. Reading/Comprehension+Vocabulary
Math-Have parents sign/ and you return 
Khan Mappers Goal Sheet 
NASA Field Trip Permission Slip (We need drivers!)

HOMEWORK WEDNESDAY
Read AR 20 min.
MLK Content/Complete Speech Activity (Handout)
Continue MLK "Tynker" Coding Project
in Google Classroom. (20 min.)

HOMEWORK THURSDAY
Read AR 25 min.
Read Newsela MLK + Quiz:

Why Martin Luther King encouraged 225,000 Chicago kids to cut class in 1963

Math - Play Huey Dewey Louie with your parents
Finish Slide Show/Practice Info Speech 



San Jose Sharks game with the family

Lake Tahoe Trip



No comments: