Tuesday, January 16, 2018

January 17-19th

HOMEWORK WEDNESDAY
Reading-Newsela MLK + Quiz
Writing-Do New Year's Resolution Paper
Field Trip Form-Have parent sign and return
with $5 for UCSC Life Lab Trip

HOMEWORK THURSDAY
Writing-Vocabulary + Pic Review Sheet
Math - p. 67+68 Home Connections
Field Trip Form-Have parent sign and return

with $5 for UCSC Life Lab Trip

Welcome back! I hope everybody enjoyed that extended winter break. A huge thanks goes out to all the parents and students for their thoughtful holiday gifts! I enjoyed a peaceful break with family and friends. During the break I enjoyed reading a book along with my son that kept me up late at night. In addition, I golfed with Mr. Kyle and my new driver (thanks to the class gift + Amazon gift cards). I had to remodel my bathroom, which was fun, but very challenging. My wife, Hilary, just had Lasik(PRK) surgery so I have been taking care of her for the past week. Enough about me!

Here is a quick update in Room 12:

In class we are reading about Martin Luther King Jr. and discussing his "I Have a Dream" speech that we saw today in class.

In Writer's Workshop we are writing starting a new unit on Informative Writing.

In RTI-We start an amazing book....HOLES! 

In Math we will be starting Unit 4 with multiplication of tens and hundreds along with a review of 1st semester.

In History-We are starting the Unit on the lead-in to the American Revolution

Heritage Project-The project is due in a month, (February 15th). See link on right if your child lost the assignment. We will be learning about some text features that can be used in this project. 

No comments: