Monday, November 9, 2015

November 9th-13th

Thanksgiving Poems from Room 12!

Thanksgiving Poem
by Sammy
I have been asked to write what I'm thankful for
you may think it's an easy task, but the truth is,
that there are so many things that you don't want to miss.
Family that gave me life and gives me love, guidance and support.
Food that feeds my hunger and nourishes my body
Friends that cheer me up when I'm sad.
Education that enlightens my path of life.
Shelter that provides me warmth and protection.
Technology that makes my life easier.
Books that make me smarter,
Good Health for keeping me alive.
Nature for all the pretty sights and air.
and the Earth for a world to live happily on.
There is a ton more things I'm thankful for
but these are the ones that are most meaningful to me.


Thanking
by Patrick

Oh! today is Thanksgiving
family and friends are giving,
love, happiness and all our feelings
join us together as we are all eating,
Excitement with us singing
to God for this wonderful evening.


Thanksgiving
by Gabriella

I am thankful for my family,
they love and support me in all that I do.
Without them I would be very lonely and blue.
I am thankful for my home 2 blocks from the beach,
good friends and a school that likes to teach.
I am thankful that I am healthy, strong 
and can swim all week long.
I am thankful for the things that belong to me,
without them I would be bored for eternity.


Things To Remember On Thanksgiving
by Gwen

Remember the giant turkey that tastes very good
Remember the mash potatoes and the gravy that goes on top
Remember the yummy food that is better than all the other foods 
you have all year
Remember to thank all you have and will have
Remember to thank the pilgrims and Indians for Thanksgiving
Remember Thanksgiving is always on a Thursday
Remember Thanksgiving is only once a year
And Remember All These Things


Thanksgiving Haiku
by Ben

Thanksgiving is love
family to celebrate
grateful for my life


Thankful Poem!
by Chloe

 I am thankful for my mom,
I am thankful for my dad,
I am thankful for my family,
I am thankful,
I am glad,
I am thankful for the deer,
I am thankful for the mice,
I am thankful for almost everything,
Except for maybe lice,
I am thankful for the mountains,
I am thankful for the ocean,
I am thankful for the stars,
But out of all of these I am very thankful for cars,
I am thankful for pumpkin pie,
I am thankful for the turkeys,
But the turkeys are not thankful,
And I'm not sure why.


Thanksgiving Poem!
by Chloe

I saw a baby turkey running across my room,
When it was running it bumped into my broom,
I got the broom and started swatting it away,
But when I hit it, it turned into a dandelion and floated away,
I chased it through the endless sky,
Swatting at it like a tiny fly,
It flew down to the street,
I ran after it with my feet,
It turned and twisted, bobbed and squirmed,
I ran after it bending a turn, it stopped, looked at me...
I jumped on three,
I caught in my tiny hands,
And shrieked as it popped all over my headband,
And that is why I'm eating pizza.

HOMEWORK MONDAY
Reading-25 minutes
Math-Finish L1 Fractions
+ Ten Marks
Write the definitions of the
first ten Spelling Vocab Words
(GOOGLE CLASS-DUE FRIDAY)
Study Spelling Mistakes

HOMEWORK TUESDAY
Reading-25 minutes
Math-Finish L2
Vocabulary-Due Friday
Science Finish wkbk-pages 3-9 (Due Thursday)
NO SCHOOL TOMORROW!

HOMEWORK THURSDAY
Read Native American Newsela+Quiz: Two tribal traditions clash 
at the mountain of two names
MATH-Finish L3
Study for Spelling/Finish Google Classroom Vocabulary
Finish Reading Through Ch. 14-Sign of Beaver-Quiz tomorrow

No comments: